Whether via classroom discussions, analysis of written text, higher-order questioning, or other strategies, learn and share ways to help students go deeper with their thinking.
- Simple, in-class activities—drawn from recent research—that you can use to cement hard-won student insights.2.2k
- This innovative assessment tool has students engage in metacognitive reflection by assembling and presenting evidence of their learning.932
- The morning message is a popular way to help elementary students transition into school—and it can be adapted for home learning.15.8k
- High school teachers can move beyond forging personal connections with students to ensuring that they feel validated as learners.858
- This graphic organizer guides students to categorize information while they’re taking notes, leading to deeper engagement.2.7k
- New materials can leave kids in the fog. Here are five metacognitive questions they can use to find their way and become more independent learners.4.8k
- Push students past simple recall into deeper thought and engagement by adding this short follow-up question to your repertoire.4.4k